1) Boil the potatoes in lightly salted water in a medium saucepan over medium heat until fork-tender, about 12 minutes. Drain and dry the potatoes completely.
2) Preheat the oven to 475 degrees.
3) Place the potatoes on a baking sheet. Brush a potato masher with olive oil, then gently press down to smash a potato. Rotate the masher 90 degrees and press down again to create a crisscross pattern on top of the potato. (The top of the potato should have jagged edges.) Repeat with the remaining potatoes. Brush the tops of the potatoes with the remaining oil. Sprinkle with a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Bake until golden brown and crisp, about 15 minutes.
4) Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a skillet over medium heat, flipping as needed, until crisp, about 12 minutes. Set aside.
5) Remove the potatoes from the oven and immediately sprinkle the cheese on each, letting it melt slightly. Transfer the potatoes to a platter and top with a touch of sour cream. Crumble the bacon and distribute over the potatoes. Sprinkle over the chives and serve.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (70g)|
|Recipe Makes: 2 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 266 (87%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 29.6g||39 %|
|Saturated Fat 10.8g||54 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 14.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.5g|
|Cholesterol 46.2mg||14 %|
|Sodium 448.7mg||15 %|
|Potassium 96.2mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 1g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 1g|
|Protein 9.1g||13 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 306
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.