Flavorful ham and egg casserole that is also great for those of us watching our carb intake. No hash browns or bread in this one. Other veggies that you have around can be added with success, and jalapenos or spicy green chiles add a nice kick. Cover with bacon for an extra flavor kick.
1. Preheat oven to 350, and spray a 9 x 13 baking pan with butter flavored non stick spray.
2. Saute Onion, garlic and green pepper until they soften.
3. In a mixing bowl, add eggs, green onion, green chiles, sour cream, cream cheese, salt, pepper and mix well with a hand mixer.
4. Spread the grated Colby jack cheese evenly along the bottom on the baking pan, followed by the cubed ham, the grated pepper jack cheese, and the veggies.
5. Pour the egg mixture evenly over into the pan.
6. Bake for 70 minutes or until the top is golden brown and a knife comes out of the center clean. Oven times vary, and mine only takes 60 minutes.
I like a good quality, water added ham, and make sure the knife comes out clean for a completely cooked casserole.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (599g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 628 (64%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 69.8g||93 %|
|Saturated Fat 31.3g||157 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 23.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 6.4g|
|Cholesterol 1697.9mg||522 %|
|Sodium 1587.9mg||55 %|
|Potassium 816.1mg||21 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 14g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||4 %|
|Sugars, other 12.9g|
|Protein 74.5g||106 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 978
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.