For lobster bisque:
1. Place butter and olive oil in a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat. Sauté onions, celery, and fennel for 6 to 7 minutes, or until tender. Add lobster shells and tomato puree and continue to cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Add flour and stir until combined; cook another 1 to 2 minutes.
2. Add cognac and stock and simmer for another 30 minutes, stirring and scraping bottom of pan with a wooden spoon to loosen any brown bits.
3. Add cream and bring to a boil; lower heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in cayenne, garlic, and chervil.
4. Remove lobster shells and place mixture in blender; blend on medium speed for 15 to 20 seconds, or until smooth. Scrape sides and blend another 5 seconds.
5. Pour bisque through a fine strainer lined with cheesecloth to remove shell pieces.
6. Pour bisque back into saucepan over medium heat and bring back to boil. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
For mashed potatoes:
1. Place potatoes in a large stockpot of boiling salted water over high heat for 15 to 20 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.
2. Drain, then whip potatoes with a hand-held mixer on low speed. Stir in butter and cream or milk. Season with salt and pepper and keep warm.
For lobster and scallop fisherman's pie:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Place butter and olive oil in a large stockpot over medium heat. Sauté onions, celery, and carrots for 6 to 7 minutes or until tender. Add flour and stir until combined, cooking 1 to 2 minutes. Add brandy and stir for 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Stir in scallops and lobster bisque. Continue to cook 8 to 10 minutes or until mixture boils.
4. Stir in lobster, tarragon, and hot pepper; season with salt and pepper.
5. Pour mixture into 3-quart baking dish. Evenly spread mashed potatoes on top, covering entire dish. Top with cheese. Bake 25 minutes, or until bubbling and cheese melts.
If you can't find Irish Cheddar cheese, you can substitute American Cheddar.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (3301g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 2082 (52%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 231.4g||308 %|
|Saturated Fat 139.3g||697 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 70.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 8.4g|
|Cholesterol 932.4mg||287 %|
|Sodium 3655.7mg||126 %|
|Potassium 8916.9mg||235 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 293.4g||86 %|
|Dietary Fiber 9.6g||38 %|
|Sugars, other 283.8g|
|Protein 211.1g||302 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 4026
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!