1. Light the coals in a fire pit 1 hour before cooking or preheat a gas or charcoal grill.
2. Using kitchen shears or a sharp knife, cut through the top shell lengthwise.
3. Cut a slit through the meat lengthwise taking care not to cut through the bottom shell. Gently pull the shells apart.
4. Thread a skewer, starting at the underside base of the tail, along the inside of the bottom shell.
5. In a small, heavy bottomed saucepan, heat the butter over medium-low heat.
6. Pour the mixture into a 2-cup glass measuring jug. Let the melted butter stand for 5 minutes. Using a spoon, remove the foam from the top of the butter.
7. Place the lemon zest in small bowl. Pour the clarified butter over the lemon zest and discard the milk solids left in the bottom of the jug.
8. Brush the meat with 1/4 cup of the clarified butter. Wrap the lobster tails in heavy-duty aluminum foil. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until the lobster meat is opaque.
9. Place the remaining clarified butter in a butter warmer or dipping bowl. Remove the meat from the lobster shells and dip in the Clarified Butter.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (81g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 2 (12%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.2g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.1g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 2.4mg||0 %|
|Potassium 117.4mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 8.7g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.8g||15 %|
|Sugars, other 4.9g|
|Protein 1g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 16
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.