1. Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Sprinkle the flour over the butter and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture turns golden brown, about 8 minutes. Pour the beef stock, the chicken stock, the ketchup, Dijon, and Worcestershire into the flour mixture, whisking to combine. Bring the mixture to a boil, whisking frequently. Reduce the heat and simmer the gravy until it thickens and reduces slightly, about 15 minutes. Season with salt and a lot of ground black pepper. Keep warm.
2. Put the bread pieces in a medium bowl. Add enough water to make a paste, about 2 tablespoons. Add the ground beef, 1 egg, soy sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper to the bowl. Mix thoroughly. Form the mixture into 4 patties.
3. Cook the patties and onions in a large skillet over medium heat until the patties are medium rare, flipping once, about 8 minutes total.
4. While the patties are cooking, cook one egg per person to specifications.
5. Spoon rice into soup bowls. Top each bowl of rice with a patty, some of the onions, the gravy and a cooked egg. Serve with additional ketchup and soy sauce.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1111g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 300 (31%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 33.3g||44 %|
|Saturated Fat 17.6g||88 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 10g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.6g|
|Cholesterol 330.8mg||102 %|
|Sodium 2051.5mg||71 %|
|Potassium 1684.7mg||44 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 132g||39 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.9g||20 %|
|Sugars, other 127.1g|
|Protein 35.9g||51 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 975
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.