1. Sprinke the chops with the salt.
2. Heat the oil in a heavy skillet, large enough to hold both chops and apples - when they are added - in one layer.
3. Add the chops and the garlic to the skillet and brown well on one side, about 5 min. Turn and brown on the other side, about 10 min.
4. Push the chops aside and add the apples in one layer. Continue cooking 15 min. Turning the apples so that they brown and cook evenly.
5. Remove the chops and apples to a warm serving dish.
6. Pour off the fat from the skillet. Add the wine, stirring to dissolve the brown particles that cling to the bottom and sides of the pan. Add the broth and simmer down to a saucelike consistency. Discard the garlic.
7. Pour the sauce over the chops and apples and serve.
This great dish is named: Filets de porc aux pommes
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (118g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4|
|Calories from Fat: 32 (39%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 3.6g||5 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.6g||3 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.1g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 77.9mg||3 %|
|Potassium 111.1mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 13.1g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.3g||9 %|
|Sugars, other 10.8g|
|Protein 0.4g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 83
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.