1. Preheat broiler if manufacturer directs. Score both sides of the steak with a sharp knife. Place steak on the rack in a broiling pan.
2. Sprinkle steak with 1 t. salt and 1/8 t. pepper. Cut tomatoes in half or a few thick slices.
3. Brush tomatoes with Italian dressing and arrange, cut side up, around steak. Broil 5 minutes. Mean while, wash and slice mushrooms.
4. With tongs, turn steak; Sprinkle with the remaining 1t. salt and 1/8 t. pepper.
5. Arrange mushroom slices in overlapping rows on broiler rack; brush with Italian dressing.
6. Broil the steak 5 minutes more for rare or 6-7 minutes more for medium. Check doneness with a knife, making a small cut in the center of the meat.
7. Slanting knife, carve thin slices across the width of the steak. Serve slices with broiled vegetables. Spoon drippings over if you'd like.
This amount of seasoned salt is a little too salty for my taste buds. I would use less or just regular table salt. Also, I like to use the baby portabello mushrooms. If you want to spoon drippings over, you may need to use additional Italian dressing.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (294g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 261 (58%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 29g||39 %|
|Saturated Fat 7.7g||39 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 8.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 8.1g|
|Cholesterol 59.5mg||18 %|
|Sodium 2230.1mg||77 %|
|Potassium 806.9mg||21 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 9.2g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 8.4g|
|Protein 37.5g||54 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 451
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.