1. Heat a large nonstick saucepan over medium-high heat. Add olive oil to the pan. Add onion and garlic, and Oregano and saute 3 minutes or until tender.
2. Add flour to broth and whisk it. Add flour broth mixture and broccoli to the pan.
3. Bring broccoli mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium, cook 10 minutes or until florets are soft. If you use more than just the florets; ie broccoli stems, you may have to cook longer.
4. Stir in pepper. Remove from the heat
5. Either use a handheld stick blender and blend randomly right in the pan or place one third of soup in blender or food processor, process until smooth. Return pureed soup to pan.
6. Add cream and grated cheese, stirring until cheese melts.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (168g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 253 (77%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 28.1g||37 %|
|Saturated Fat 17.2g||86 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 8.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1g|
|Cholesterol 94mg||29 %|
|Sodium 275.5mg||10 %|
|Potassium 330.6mg||9 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 8.3g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.2g||9 %|
|Sugars, other 6g|
|Protein 12.6g||18 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 327
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.