A meal the whole family will enjoy
1. On a clean surface, slice your steak into 4-inch strips that are an 1/8 inch thick. Heat your olive oil in a skillet on medium-high heat, and add in the steak. Sprinkle the salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder over the steak.
2. Brown the meat. Then, turn the heat to high and cook until the steak gets a crispy outside. This cooking process takes about 12 minutes.
3. Transfer the cooked steak to a dish until later use. Leave all juices in the pan. Turn the heat down to medium low. Slice the mushrooms thin, dice the bell peppers and onion, then add these to the skillet.
4. Cook the vegetables for about 3 minutes, or until they are just cooked through. Remove the skillet from the heat.
5. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees. Return the cooked steak to the skillet, and mix the meat and veggies together. If you do not own an oven-safe skillet, combine the cooked ingredients in a baking dish that has been sprayed.
6. Slice the provolone cheese, if it is not already in slices. Arrange the cheese over the top of the cheesesteak ingredients so everything is covered. Bake the ingredients in the oven for about 5 minutes, or until the cheese melts.
7. To get a slightly browned top, cook the skillet under a broiler for an additional 3-4 minutes before serving.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 (1770g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1|
|Calories from Fat: 1463 (52%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 162.5g||217 %|
|Saturated Fat 85.6g||428 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 56.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 6.2g|
|Cholesterol 549.4mg||169 %|
|Sodium 3455.4mg||119 %|
|Potassium 4626.9mg||122 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 37.4g||11 %|
|Dietary Fiber 8.5g||34 %|
|Sugars, other 28.9g|
|Protein 287.5g||411 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 2794
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.