This low FODMAP vegan nourishing bowl makes a delicious lunch or dinner! I love the way the spicy lentils combine with the yummy green rice and the sweetness of the roasted vegetables. The pumpkin seeds also provide a nice crunch!
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC (390ºF) bake function.
2. Place the brown rice into a large saucepan. Add the vegetable stock and over medium-high heat bring to a rolling boil. Then turn down the heat to low, cover with a lid, and allow to gently simmer until the water evaporates (20 to 30 minutes).
3. Peel and cut the carrot and pumpkin into small chunks. Mix through the olive oil, smoked paprika and a couple of grinds of salt. Place in a roasting tray. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until golden and tender. Turn once during cooking.
4. While the veggies roast, finish cooking the green rice and season the lentils. Once the vegetables are cooking, roughly chop the baby spinach, deseed and finely dice the mild red chillies, and finely chop the green onions/scallions (green tips only). Place the chopped spinach, diced mild red chillies, finely chopped green onions/scallions (green tips only), fresh cilantro, garlic infused oil, and water into the blender. Blend into a chunky paste then stir through the cooking brown rice.
5. Watch the brown rice and if it stops simmering turn up the heat slightly. Once the water has absorbed out of the rice, turn off the heat and allow to stand for about 10 minutes. Then fluff the rice using a fork and season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. While the rice finishes cooking, make the spicy lentils and toast the pumpkin seeds. Toast the pumpkin seeds in a small frypan (no oil needed) for 2 to 3 minutes until lightly golden.
7. Drain and rinse the lentils, add to the frypan over medium heat. Season with the cumin and chilli powder. Add the water and allow to simmer and fry for 4 to 5 minutes. Once the water has evaporated, remove from the heat and add a squeeze of lime juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Place to one side.
8. Blanch the frozen edamame beans in boiling water for 3 to 4 minutes until tender.
9. Serve the green rice with the spicy lentils and top with the roasted vegetables, toasted pumpkin seeds, edamame beans, and some fresh cilantro. Enjoy!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (169g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 49 (12%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 5.5g||7 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.9g||4 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 52.4mg||2 %|
|Potassium 1156.2mg||30 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 63.9g||19 %|
|Dietary Fiber 31.7g||127 %|
|Sugars, other 32.2g|
|Protein 27.9g||40 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 412
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!