Most pecan pie recipes i have found call for 2 cups of sugar -- one cup of cron syrup plus one cup of either granulated or brown sugar -- which results in pies so sweet they can give you a sugar headache after a couple of bites. This recipe has less sugar, but the molasses, butter and vanilla bring out the wonderful flavour of the pecans. As with any nut used in cooking, use only the freshest of pecans.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees (350 convection)
2. Spread the pecans along the bottom of the pie
3. Mix the remaining ingredients an pour over pecans (no need for an electric mixer, you can mix by hand). The pecans will rise to the surface of the pie.
4. Bake for 40-45 minutes until the filling has set. About 20 minutes into the cooking you may want to use a pie crust protector, or tent the edges of the pie crust with aluminum foil to prevent the pie crust edges from burning.
5. Remove from oven and let cook completely.
This is from Simply Recipes:
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (202g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 649 (67%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 72.1g||96 %|
|Saturated Fat 22.9g||115 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 31.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 13.1g|
|Cholesterol 154.1mg||47 %|
|Sodium 414.9mg||14 %|
|Potassium 379.6mg||10 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 80.3g||24 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5.5g||22 %|
|Sugars, other 74.8g|
|Protein 8.9g||13 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 970
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!