1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6. Lightly butter a large gratin dish.
2. To make the sauce, place the milk and onion together in a saucepan.
3. Mix the flour with a little milk, pour slowly into the pan stirring continually.
4. once the mixture has thickened, remove the pan from the heat.
5. Stir in the grated cheese.
6. Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of water to the boil and cook the pasta as recommended on the packet.
7. Scatter the garlic over the base of the dish
8. Drain the pasta, leaving a little water to prevent the pasta from sticking. Transfer the pasta to the prepared dish and immediately begin pouring the sauce over it, blending the pasta and sauce as you go so that the pasta will begin to absorb the sauce.
9. Sprinkle the top with the Parmesan and cook for 15-20 minutes, until bubbling and golden.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (4739g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4|
|Calories from Fat: 2694 (45%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 299.3g||399 %|
|Saturated Fat 181.7g||909 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 67.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 10.1g|
|Cholesterol 988.6mg||304 %|
|Sodium 13886.8mg||479 %|
|Potassium 8206.7mg||216 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 336.4g||99 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.2g||17 %|
|Sugars, other 332.2g|
|Protein 461.2g||659 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 5934
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.