1) Boil Macaroni per package instructions. Drain and set aside
2) Preheat oven to 300F.
3) Brush 1-quart souffle dish with Melted Butter, coat dish with Bread Crumbs, shake out excess.
4) Put the Butter, Paprika, Flour, and Milk in a saucepan and bring to boil slowly whisking constantly until the mixture is smooth and thick.
5) Simmer the sauce for a minute, then remove from the heat and stir in the cheeses until they melt. Season well and mix with the macaroni.
6) Beat in the egg yolks.
7) In a clean bowl, whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks and spoon a quarter into the sauce mixture, beating it gently to loosen it up.
8) Using a large metal spoon, carefully fold in the rest of the egg whites and transfer to the prepared souffle dish.
9) Bake in the center of the oven for about 40-45 minutes, until the souffle has risen and is golden brown. The middle should wobble very slightly and the souffle should be lightly creamy inside.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (137g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4|
|Calories from Fat: 198 (50%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 22g||29 %|
|Saturated Fat 11.9g||60 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 6.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.7g|
|Cholesterol 206.9mg||64 %|
|Sodium 481.2mg||17 %|
|Potassium 201.3mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 33.4g||10 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.9g||7 %|
|Sugars, other 31.5g|
|Protein 16.9g||24 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 399
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.