1. Heat oven to 400?F. Put wings in a single layer in roasting pan; scatter onions on top. Roast 1 1/4 hours or until wings are browned.
2. Put wings and onions in 3-qt saucepan. Add water to roasting pan; stir to scrape up any brown bits on bottom. Add to saucepan. Add 6 cups broth (refrigerate remaining 2 cups), the carrot and thyme. Simmer, uncovered, 1 1/2 hours.
3. Remove wings. When cool, pull off skin and meat. Discard skin; save meat for another use. Strain broth into saucepan; skim fat off broth.
4. Whisk flour into remaining 2 cups broth until mixture is well blended and smooth.
5. Bring broth in saucepan to a gentle boil. Whisk in flour mixture; boil 5 minutes to thicken gravy. Stir in butter and pepper.
Plan ahead: Freeze gravy up to 1 month. Reheat. You can add fat-skimmed drippings from a freshly roasted turkey.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (88g)|
|Recipe Makes: 32 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 46 (48%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 5.1g||7 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.6g||8 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1g|
|Cholesterol 24.7mg||8 %|
|Sodium 274.3mg||9 %|
|Potassium 164.6mg||4 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 3.4g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 3.1g|
|Protein 8.6g||12 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 96
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!