We all love the Sweet-Chili Sauce to dip in our fried stuff. We yearn to savour that sugary-sweet-piquant concoction a lot. Most popular & tastier brands are from Thailand while the lower price ones from China are not that so remembered. Quality, many claim, is far behind Thailand's.
1. For multi-color presentation, head & stem cut-off, without removing seeds of red & green bell and red cayenne peppers, lay a portion or a piece of each (should they be smaller) into chopping board. Chop very finely. Include the seeds, set aside.
2. Adding little of our water, also without removing seeds, head & stem taken-off, cut into 4 pieces & blenderize remaining bell and red cayenne until semi smooth emulsion is reached.
3. Leaving about 50ml water for corn starch slurrying, pour remaining water into the blender. STIR manually with long teaspoon so emulsion will be scraped off and mix well with water.
4. Pour into cooking kettle. Add vinegar, salt & sugar. Stir consistently and bring to a boil.
5. While waiting, in a container, mix well 50ml water and corn starch until no lumps are visible.
6. On first boil, simmer down to lowest cooking temp. Add in corn starch slurry and the finely chopped peppers.
7. Stir until a bit viscous consistency is attained.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (9g)|
|Recipe Makes: 28 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 0 (0%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 111mg||4 %|
|Potassium 0.1mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 0.5g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 0.5g|
|Protein 0g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 2
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!