1. Cook lentils:
- Combine 1 cup lentils, 4 cups water, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and cumin in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer, partially cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes.
- Want lentils to be falling apart; simmer + cook, stirring occasionally, until the lentils are falling apart, 10 to 15 minutes more.
2. Cook rice + potatoes:
- In microwave.
- Potatoes are optional, but can add some bulk.
3. Prepare onions and spices:
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Cook onion until soft and beginning to brown, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add garlic and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Cook, stirring, for 1 minute more.
4. Cook mangos:
- Combine mangos with 1 teaspoon cumin, 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt, 1/2 teaspoon dried ginger powder, 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper.
- Add to 1 cup water and bring to a boil.
- Simmer 5-10 minutes, until mangos turn a slightly darker color and sauce has thickened.
- Scoop rice and lentils into bowls
- Top with mango curry mixture.
- Optionally, stir in cilantro.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1794g)|
|Recipe Makes: Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 48 (3%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 5.3g||7 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.1g||5 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.9g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 74.6mg||3 %|
|Potassium 3127.6mg||82 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 361.2g||106 %|
|Dietary Fiber 79.1g||316 %|
|Sugars, other 282.1g|
|Protein 74.8g||107 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1776
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!