1. Wash the rice and soak in warm water for 4 hours (Prep1.jpg)
2. 30 min before you steam the rice, fill the steamer with water, but the basket on with high heat to steam.
3. In a medium sauce pan melt the sugar, 1 teaspoon of salt, and 18 oz of coconut milk on medium heat. (Prep2.jpg)
At 4 hours
3. lightly wash the rice and then fill the water to the rice level in your rice bowl so that it easily pours into the steam basket. Shake the basket a little so the rice settles nicely into the bottom of the bamboo basket and then cover it and steam for 5 min each side.
4. Pour the sauce into your service dishes (Prep4.jpg)
5. Pour the rest of the coconut milk can, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon cornstarch and simmer on low for 10 min.
Be careful it can be very bubbly if you dont watch it.
5. Flip the rice in the basket until its upside down and steam covered for another 12 min.
6. Prepare fresh Mango slices
Wash the rice and soak in warm water for 4 hours
Prep2 (30 min before I cook the rice)
Rinse the rice again
Soak rice in coconut milk
Let it set in pan
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (19g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 0 (0%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 2.1mg||0 %|
|Potassium 51.8mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 17.2g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 17.2g|
|Protein 0g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 67
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.