1. Cut full pork belly into 5-6 sections, weigh for a total size per package. (Cut to edges to size if needed)
2. Mix ingredients for cure together, except maple syrup.
3. Rub cure all over belly sections, work in meat.
4. Place cured belly into large ziploc bags
5. Add 1/2 cup of maple syrup to 3-5 pounds of meat
6. Cure for 14 days in refrigerator, flipping bags daily or every few days.
7. At day 14, remove from bags, place in smoker.
8. Using maple wood, smoke at 200F until internal temp of 150F (around 4-6 hours)
9. Remove from smoker and let cool down. Place into ziploc bags, and back into fridge for 48 hours.
10. Slice pork belly at 4-5 on Eurodib, vac wrap.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1650g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 6493 (81%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 721.4g||962 %|
|Saturated Fat 263.1g||1315 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 336.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 76.9g|
|Cholesterol 979.8mg||301 %|
|Sodium 11384.1mg||393 %|
|Potassium 2900.7mg||76 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 243.1g||72 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 243g|
|Protein 127.4g||182 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 7991
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!