1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. Using a standmixer, whisk flour with salt, then cut in lard and continueto whisk until the flour resembles corn meal. Remove the whisk attachment,and replace it with the dough hook. Slowly add the cold water and processuntil the dough forms a ball that cleans the sides of the bowl.
3. Remove the ball of dough from the mixer, and roll it our between 2 piecesof parchment paper until it is 1/8-inch thick. Place the disc of dough intoa 9-inch pie pan and place in the freezer while you prepare the remainingingredients.
4. In a large bowl, beat eggs with cane sugar, maple syrup, melted butterand vanilla bean powder.
5. Remove pie crust from the freezer, pour in filling and arrange pecanhalves on top. Bake until the crust is golden, but the center is stillwobbly - about 40 minutes. Allow to cool completely before serving.
Recipe Author: jenny Published: November 20, 2012
Author Note: Prep: 10 minsCook: 40 minsReady In: 50 minsThe sweet, deepflavor of maple syrup complements the richness of pecans in this classicpecan pie. This recipe calls for well-sifted sprouted spelt flour (you canfind it here as well as pasture-raised lard (learn how to render it here). Ialso favor using vanilla bean powder (available online) which offers a moreintense flavor than vanilla extract.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (0g)|
|Recipe Makes: -1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 0 (NaN%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 0mg||0 %|
|Potassium 0mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 0g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 0g|
|Protein 0g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
BigOven Pro required
Eat healthier with nutrition info.
Calories, carbs, protein, sodium, fiber and more - easily calculate from any recipe.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!