1. Cook grits with the shrimp stock according to package instructions.
2. Add canola oil and shallots to a large skillet over medium heat and cook until the shallots start to soften and become translucent, about 5 minutes.
3. Add chili powder, paprika, Cajun seasoning, garlic and some salt and cook for 1 minute, stirring, then add the tomato paste and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
4. Add the cognac and reduce by half, then add the tomatoes and cook until they start to break down, about 5 minutes.
5. Puree mixture in a blender and set aside.
6. Saute the sliced andouille in a medium skillet to achieve a dark sear on both sides, about 8 minutes total.
7. Remove cooked andouille and sear shrimp in andouille fat, about 2 minutes per side.
8. Combine grits with tomato mixture and stir to combine.
9. Spoon andouille and shrimp on top and serve immediately.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 (930g)|
|Recipe Makes: Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 341 (36%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 37.8g||50 %|
|Saturated Fat 4g||20 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 19.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 11.9g|
|Cholesterol 689.5mg||212 %|
|Sodium 747.6mg||26 %|
|Potassium 1446.8mg||38 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 20.6g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5.7g||23 %|
|Sugars, other 15g|
|Protein 95.7g||137 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 936
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!