Try this Martha Stewart Pecan Linzer Cookies with Cherry Filling recipe, or contribute your own.Suggest a better description
1. Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl; set aside.
2. Pulse pecans, confectioners' sugar, salt, and cinnamon in a food processor until finely ground (but not wet); transfer to the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.
3. Add butter and granulated sugar; mix on medium speed until fluffy.
4. Mix in vanilla and egg. Reduce speed to low.
5. Add flour mixture; mix until combined.
6. Halve dough; shape into disks. Wrap in plastic; refrigerate until firm, at least 2 hours.
7. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
8. Working with 1 disk at a time, roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to 1/8 inch thick.
9. Refrigerate 20 minutes.
10. Cut out squares with a 2-inch fluted cutter. Cut out centers of half the squares with a 1/2-inch heart cutter; reroll scraps. Space 2 inches apart on parchment-lined baking sheets.
11. Bake squares and hearts until pale golden, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to racks to cool.
12.Meanwhile, heat jam in a small saucepan over medium heat until reduced and thickened, about 7 minutes; let cool.
13. Sprinkle cutout cookies with confectioners' sugar.
14. Spread jam onto uncut squares; top with cutout ones.
15. Store in an airtight container up to 2 days.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (29g)|
|Recipe Makes: 24 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 63 (54%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 7g||9 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.9g||15 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1g|
|Cholesterol 20mg||6 %|
|Sodium 140.5mg||5 %|
|Potassium 39.8mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 12g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 11.3g|
|Protein 1.8g||3 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 116
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.