- In large pan, saute onions until translucent (3-4 min).
- Add carrots and beef stock and cook over medium heat for ~8 min.
- Remove and strain/separate stock from onions/carrots, reserve both.
- In same pan, brown meat just until most of the pink is gone, don't overcook. Drain off fat and reserve meat.
- Return to pan to heat, add butter and flour and blend until light brown rue appears (about 2 min.)
- Return stock to pan/rue and whisk until blended/thickening. If too thick, thin with water (1/4 cup at a time) until it has a gravy consistency.
- Mix in reserved carrots, onions and meat along with frozen peas.
- Add salt/pepper to taste.
- Spread meat in 13x9 pan and top with prepared mashed potatoes (see below) and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 25 min.
Boil potatoes until soft. Drain and mash with milk, butter, salt and pepper to taste.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (4064g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 1736 (37%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 192.9g||257 %|
|Saturated Fat 83.5g||418 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 78.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 7.7g|
|Cholesterol 758.5mg||233 %|
|Sodium 4946.9mg||171 %|
|Potassium 13811.1mg||363 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 467.4g||137 %|
|Dietary Fiber 53g||212 %|
|Sugars, other 414.4g|
|Protein 262.2g||375 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 4632
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!