1. Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the mustard seeds and cook until they start to pop.
2. Add curry leaves, turmeric, ginger, chili and onion and cook until the onion is soft.
3. Add the potato cubes and 1 cup of water, bring to a boil (season with a little salt at this stage), then cover and cook until the potatoes are tender and just breaking up.
4. Simmer uncovered if there is excess liquid in the pan (there should be a little, but not too much). Add the tamarind paste and salt to taste and stir.
5. Mash potatoes with a potato masher or the back of a spoon. I prefer to have some chunks left in mine, so I don't mash too much (easier to pick up with the naan).
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (759g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 13 (2%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 1.4g||2 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.3g||1 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.5g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 45.8mg||2 %|
|Potassium 3048mg||80 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 127.5g||38 %|
|Dietary Fiber 17g||68 %|
|Sugars, other 110.6g|
|Protein 15.3g||22 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 569
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!