1. Soften dried prunes or apricots (if using) in boiling water; dry and set aside.
2. Cool boiled milk in a bowl set aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix sugar, flour, salt and shortening like pie crust.
4. Add yeast and eggs into bowl with milk.
5. Add wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix together. Forms a very sticky dough.
6. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let rise in fridge OVERNIGHT.
7. Next day, roll out dough like pie--thin is better.
8. Paint with melted butter.
9. Cut into small triangles and place a prune at base (widest part). Roll to the point.
10. Let rise 30-60 minutes.
11. Bake 10-12 minutes at 375.
12. Cool completely and then schmear with some frosting
NOTE: Watch carefully; the should be light in color. Do not overbake.
Makes a lot. Note the dough has to rise in the fridge overnight
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (323g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 293 (27%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 32.5g||43 %|
|Saturated Fat 13.9g||70 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 12.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.5g|
|Cholesterol 382.4mg||118 %|
|Sodium 128.1mg||4 %|
|Potassium 294.4mg||8 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 175g||51 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.3g||13 %|
|Sugars, other 171.7g|
|Protein 22.2g||32 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1078
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!