This is a Chinese version of Skyline Chili or Ragu sauce over spaghetti - a really good meat sauce over carbs.
Substitute ground or chunked chicken, turkey, or other meat for the pork, and rice or riced cauliflower for the noodles, and I'll bet you'll have something just as good - it's the ginger, garlic, mushrooms, and spices that make the magic. From Cook's Illustrated.
1. Peel ginger and slice into coin-shaped rounds 1/8 inch thick.
2. Remove stems and slice mushrooms into 1/2 inch thick pieces.
3. In a large bowl, combine pork, 2 tsp water, and 1/8 tsp baking soda and let sit for 5 minutes. (keeps pork tender and moist)
4. Combine 1/2 cup water, 5 Tbs miso paste, 5 Tbs soy sauce, 3 Tbs hoisin sauce, and 1 Tbs molasses in a bowl.
5. In food processor, add spring onions, garlic, ginger, and mushrooms and pulse until finely chopped.
6. In a large pot over heat with 1 Tbs oil, break up the meat mixture and cook for a minute or two.
7. Add the food processor contents to the pot and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until most of the moisture is gone, about 8 minutes.
8. Add the miso mixture, stir, reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes. Cover and keep warm while the noddles cook.
9. Cook noodles or rice per instructions.
10. Peel and cut cucumbers into 2" long matchsticks.
11. Cut spring onions diagonally into 1/2 inch pieces.
12. Serve meat sauce over noodles and topped with cucumbers and spring onions.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (337g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 12 (13%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 1.3g||2 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.2g||1 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.4g|
|Cholesterol 0.2mg||0 %|
|Sodium 146.4mg||5 %|
|Potassium 1134.2mg||30 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 18.5g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.9g||16 %|
|Sugars, other 14.6g|
|Protein 5.9g||8 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 95
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!