1. Heat oil in Dutch oven until shimmering. Add onions, tomato paste, 6 garlic cloves, oregano, pepper flakes, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cook until golden, about 8 minutes.
2. Transfer half of onion mixture to large bowl; set aside. Add wine to the pot with the remaining onion mixture. Cook until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, then transfer to the slow cooker.
3. Add 1/2 cup parmesan, the mozzarella, sausage, eggs, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and remianing garlic to the bowl with reserved onions. Mash until smooth. Add the beef and cream and knead until well combined. Form into twelve 2-inch meatballs.
4. Microwave the meatballs on a large plate until the fat renders and the meatballs are firm, 4 to 7 minutes. Nestle the meatballs into the slow cooker, discarding the rendered fat. Cover and cook on low until meatballs are tender and the sauce is slightly thickened, 4 to 5 hours.
5. Skim the fat. Stir in the basil and remaining 1/2 cup parmesan. Season with salt.
Raw meatballs and sauce can be refrigerated separately up to 24 hours in advance. When ready to cook, add sauce to slow cooker and microwave meatlballs before adding them to the slow cooker. Add an additional hour to the cooking time.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1003g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 372 (37%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 41.3g||55 %|
|Saturated Fat 16.5g||83 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 15.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.8g|
|Cholesterol 461.9mg||142 %|
|Sodium 4344.2mg||150 %|
|Potassium 5692.6mg||150 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 107.8g||32 %|
|Dietary Fiber 23.4g||94 %|
|Sugars, other 84.3g|
|Protein 63.1g||90 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1008
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.