1) Place beef in a large pan. (I use my broiler pan for this.)
2) Add chopped vegetables and seasonings.
3) Mix in tomatoes, but reserve tomato sauce for last few minutes of baking.
4) In corner of pan, beat eggs lightly with a fork and mix with rest.
5) Add oatmeal and mix all together well with your hands.
6) Form into a loaf shape that should have a sheen and hold its form with little repositioning. If form is oozy or too loose, add more oatmeal a little at a time until it seems right. Don’t overdo the oatmeal or you will have a dry-textured loaf.
7) Cover the loaf with foil and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 1 1/ 2 hours.
8) When loaf is grayed and no longer raw looking, pour tomato sauce over top for color and bake, uncovered, an additional 15 minutes.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (203g)|
|Recipe Makes: 10|
|Calories from Fat: 180 (59%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 20g||27 %|
|Saturated Fat 7.4g||37 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 8.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.9g|
|Cholesterol 119.5mg||37 %|
|Sodium 769mg||27 %|
|Potassium 547.6mg||14 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 12.2g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.5g||10 %|
|Sugars, other 9.7g|
|Protein 19.4g||28 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 307
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.