1. Preheat oven 450F. Open black beans and drain into a colander placed in the sink, then rinse with cold water until no more foam appears. Let beans drain.
2. Heat olive oil in a pan with deep sides and sauté onions and jalapenos about 2 minutes. Add ground cumin and chili pepper and sauté 2-3 minutes more. Add tomatoes with juice, drained beans, and diced green chilies to the pan with onions and let cook at very low simmer about 20 minutes, or until the mixture is slightly thickened.
3. Using a spoon, make an indentation in the bean mixtures, and crack the egg and place in little pocket. Repeat around the pan with all eggs. Spoon the rest of the mixture around eggs, avoiding the yolk.
4. Place skillet (ovenproof or cover handle with tin foil) in oven for about 5 minutes, or until the eggs are starting to look set but are still fairly wet looking. Remove and change oven to broil (Be careful not to burn yourself!)
5. Sprinkle cheese over the top and put back in close to the broiler for 1-3 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
6. Be sure to remove while egg yolk is still soft. If you don't like runny eggs, cook 2-3 minutes longer (it is still very good this way).
7. Serve hot, with whole wheat flour/corn tortillas to dip into egg. Also good with salsa and sour cream served with it.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (890g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 137 (30%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 15.2g||20 %|
|Saturated Fat 8.5g||42 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.8g|
|Cholesterol 52mg||16 %|
|Sodium 1138.7mg||39 %|
|Potassium 1407.8mg||37 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 49.2g||14 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.5g||10 %|
|Sugars, other 46.7g|
|Protein 31.2g||45 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 450
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!