1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix the flour, corn meal, baking soda, and salt together.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients and whisk well.
4 .Pour the batter into a standard pie pan. You may have to tilt and twist the pan around until batter is distributed evenly.
5. Bake in the preheat for about 10 minutes until firm to the touch.
1. Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat
2. sweet the onion with a bit of non-stick cooking spray.
3. Add the ground turkey and brown.
4. Once the turkey is cooked (all white), add the chili powder, cilantro and cumin.
5. Stir in the chopped peppers, jalapeno and tomatoes.
6. Continue cooking over medium heat for a few minutes allowing all flavors to combine.
7. In a large bowl, mix the re-fried beans and skillet mixture.
8. Combine all ingredients well.
9. Pour the filling in to the pie pan with the crust.
10 Pack it down and smear the salsa on top. Sprinkle with cheese.
11. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes.
Let set for about 5 minutes before removing a slice. It holds together a bit better.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (302g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 306 (65%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 34g||45 %|
|Saturated Fat 20.7g||103 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 8.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2g|
|Cholesterol 109.8mg||34 %|
|Sodium 1150mg||40 %|
|Potassium 688.6mg||18 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 26.5g||8 %|
|Dietary Fiber 6.2g||25 %|
|Sugars, other 20.2g|
|Protein 17.1g||24 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 470
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.