I love experimenting with citrus fruit. There are so many fun varieties, and Meyer lemons, Cara Cara oranges, and Minneola tangelos pop up in supermarkets throughout the country. Once you’re comfortable with being in the kitchen, start experimenting
Source: Amidor MS RD CDN, Toby. The Healthy Meal Prep Cook
1. Preheat the oven to 375 ° F. Coat a muffin tin with the cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, sift together the all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a large bowl, mix together the ricotta and applesauce until well combined. Add the brown sugar, lemon juice, and eggs, and mix until smooth.
4. Gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, being careful not to overmix the batter. Fold in the cranberries, making sureto evenly distribute them throughout the batter.
5. Scoop ¼ cup of batter into each muffin cup. Evenly sprinkle each muffin with the lemon zest.
6. Bake until the muffins are golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 18 to 22 minutes. Let the muffins cool for 5 minutes, then transfer the muffins to a wire rack to finish cooling for another 10 minutes.
FREEZE: Individually wrap the muffins in plastic wrap or in individual freezer-safe containers for up to 3 months. Thaw at room minutes.
TOBY’S TIP: Meyer lemons are a cross between a regular lemon and a mandarin orange. They are sweeter than regular lemons, less acidic, and have a refreshing herbal scent. You can find Meyer lemons at your grocery store year-round. If unavailable, you can substitute
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (107g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 113 (42%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 12.5g||17 %|
|Saturated Fat 7.2g||36 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.8g|
|Cholesterol 101.8mg||31 %|
|Sodium 113.1mg||4 %|
|Potassium 141.8mg||4 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 32.4g||10 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8 %|
|Sugars, other 30.4g|
|Protein 7.5g||11 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 266
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!