1. Remove hairs from the trotter and wash it with salt water.
2. Place trotter in saucepan and cover with water and bring to the boil. Drain the trotter and set aside to cool for 10 minutes
3. Prepare a marinade by combining tumeric, fish sauce, sugar and half the crushed garlic
4. Marinade the pigs trotter for one hour
5. In a large pot (5 litres) heat oil and sauté the rest of the garlic until it is aromatic.
6. Add the marinated trotter and cook for 30 minutes, stirring at regular intervals. Add a little water if the pot gets too dry, but only enough so that the sauce is still a thick paste
7. Add the 2 litres of water. Use it to clean the marinade if there's any left. Cook until trotter is soft.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (167g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 93 (22%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 10.3g||14 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.8g||14 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.9g|
|Cholesterol 66.5mg||20 %|
|Sodium 2422.3mg||84 %|
|Potassium 165.1mg||4 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 9g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 8.9g|
|Protein 19.2g||27 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 420
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!