Set oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
1) Core apple. Leave about 1/2 an inch left at the bottom
2) Cut the skin about an inch around the core hole
3) Place apple in a suitably sized baking dish (oven proof)
4) Mix all ingredients except maple syrup together. Leave some extra of each ingredient.
5) Put a couple drops of syrup in the core hole, followed by the rest of your mixture. the layering of the ingredients should be as follows bottom to top: Syrup
after the core holes are filled use the extra ingredients and sprinkle/spread them all around the core hole to "overfill" the core holes.
6) Place a small amount of butter on the core hole.
7) Unless you are using sweet apples this next step is crucial to the process, drizzle some syrup all over the apple
8) Place apple in oven and add about 1/2 an inch of water in the pan.
9) Bake apples for 1 hour or until apples are shriveled and brown. Check apple regularly and be sure to refill the pan with water as needed.
10) Let the apple cool for a couple of minutes. Cut into fourths before serving.
11) You may serve with ice cream or whipped cream.
*At the most
** As much as you prefer
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (254g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Serving|
|Calories from Fat: 5 (2%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.6g||1 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.1g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.1g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 5.6mg||0 %|
|Potassium 455.8mg||12 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 55.6g||16 %|
|Dietary Fiber 9.1g||36 %|
|Sugars, other 46.5g|
|Protein 1.6g||2 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 207
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!