1. Heat the sugar with syrup in 240 mL of milk.
2. Stir until dissolved.
3. Then cook to 118-120 °C or firm ball stage.
4. Stir occasionally, slowly adding the 2nd 240 mL of milk.
5. Repeat cooking process.
6. Add remaining milk, butter & salt.
7. Cook to 118-120 °C (until a ball in cold water is firm as desired for firmness in caramels). Remove from heat; add in the vanilla extract.
8. Immediately pour into a buttered pan.
9. Let cool before cutting into squares.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (162g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12|
|Calories from Fat: 82 (21%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 9.1g||12 %|
|Saturated Fat 5.7g||29 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.3g|
|Cholesterol 25.5mg||8 %|
|Sodium 116.8mg||4 %|
|Potassium 97.2mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 80.1g||24 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 80.1g|
|Protein 2.1g||3 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 391
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.