1. Sauté onion, bell pepper, carrot & garlic in oil.
2. Add millet; cook and stir 5 minutes or until lightly toasted.
3. Stir in water, lemon peel, lemon juice, salt and black pepper; bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat to low;cover and simmer 30 minutes or until water is absorbed and millet is tender.
5. Remove from heat and let stand covered for 5 minutes.
6. Fluff with fork. Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (207g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 20 (12%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 2.3g||3 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.4g||2 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.9g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 45939.4mg||1584 %|
|Potassium 189.2mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 32.2g||9 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.8g||19 %|
|Sugars, other 27.4g|
|Protein 4.8g||7 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 164
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!