1. Wash and cut the long beans into 2-inch lengths, then set aside.
2. In a bowl, combine together the pork, salted soya beans, both types of soya sauce, fish sauce, pepper and half the sesame oil. Mix well with a fork until thoroughly combined.
3. Add to the pork-mixture your corn flour, and mix well again, making sure the corn flour is evenly distributed. Set this aside for about 5-10 minutes.
4. In wok, heat about 2-3 tbs of sunflower/peanut/canola oil on high until smoking, then add in your garlic. Fry for about 10-20 seconds until fragrant (the heat will be very strong so be careful it doesn't burn), then add the pork in. Using a ladle/spatula, keep the pork moving around, being sure to break up the chunks. The trick to stir-frying is to just keep everything moving *all the time*.
5. When only 30% or so of the pork is still pink (after about 2-3 minutes?), add in your long beans. Reduce the heat to medium, and keep stirring the mixture for another 5-8 minutes, or until the beans are cooked through and tender, but still have a nice crunch to them.
5. Take the pan off the heat, and stir through the remaining sesame oil, and adjust the seasoning if necessary. Transfer to a warm plate, and serve with steamed jasmine rice.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (96g)|
|Recipe Makes: 3 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 226 (76%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 25.2g||34 %|
|Saturated Fat 7.2g||36 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 10.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 5.2g|
|Cholesterol 54.4mg||17 %|
|Sodium 273.1mg||9 %|
|Potassium 236.1mg||6 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 3.8g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 3.1g|
|Protein 13.5g||19 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 297
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!