1) In a large pot, bring 6 cups water to a boil. Meanwhile, wash beans thoroughly and discard any that are imperfect.
2) Gradually add beans to the boiling water so boiling will not stop.
3) Simmer 2 minutes and remove from heat.
Set aside to soak for 1 hour
4) Add ham hock to beans and return to heat, stirring occasionally
5) While beans are cooking, brown onion and garlic in oil.
6) Add onion, garlic and all other ingredients to pot
7) Simmer until beans are soft and vegetables are cooked
Sprinkle grated parmesan cheese on each bowl
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (926g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 93 (16%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 10.4g||14 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.6g||13 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.3g|
|Cholesterol 39.1mg||12 %|
|Sodium 28053.5mg||967 %|
|Potassium 2761.5mg||73 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 78.1g||23 %|
|Dietary Fiber 22.5g||90 %|
|Sugars, other 55.6g|
|Protein 51.5g||74 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 598
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!