1. For the base and sides: Melt the butter in a small pan. Break the biscuits into chunky pieces and put in a food processor. Blitz into crumbs then add the melted butter and with the motor running blend until thoroughly mixed.
2. Sprinkle the crumbs into a 23cm wide x 4cm deep pie dish lined with foil and press firmly into the base and sides. (The base of the pie dish should be around 18cm.) Make sure the biscuit base is evenly distributed, especially where the base meets the sides. Put on a small baking tray and chill for 30 minutes.
3. For the filling: Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Put the chocolate and butter into a heatproof bowl and place over a pan of simmering water until melted, stirring occasionally. Remove from the pan and leave to stand for a 10 minutes.
4. Beat the eggs and sugar together in a large bowl with an electric whisk until very light and creamy. They should roughly triple in volume.
5. Whisk in the chocolate mixture in a steady stream then whisk in the sifted cocoa powder and cream until well combined.
6. Pour into the prepared biscuit base and bake on the tray for 35-40 minutes until just firm and slightly risen. Leave to cool in the tin. The pie filling will sink a little as it cools.
7. When cold, remove carefully from the tin and slide off the foil and onto a serving plate. Chill for at least an hour before serving.
8. For the topping: Whisk the cream with the sugar until very soft peaks form. Spoon on top of the pie in generous peaks. Sprinkle with the grated chocolate and serve.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Recipe (1824g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Recipe|
|Calories from Fat: 3474 (87%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 386g||515 %|
|Saturated Fat 218.9g||1095 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 113.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 21.9g|
|Cholesterol 4142.9mg||1275 %|
|Sodium 2529.5mg||87 %|
|Potassium 1517.5mg||40 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 37.4g||11 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||4 %|
|Sugars, other 36.5g|
|Protein 105.6g||151 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 3984
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.