MISE EN PLACE: Preheat oven (convection) to 160°C (325°F); Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper
1) In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt.
2) Beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy (about 2-3 minutes). Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the egg and egg yolk, beating until well combined. Beat in the vanilla.
3) Gradually add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and beat just until incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. (If batter is soft, cover and refrigerate for 30-60 minutes or until firm).
4) Form batter into balls (Do not make the balls of dough too large or place them too close together - they spread out quite a bit!):
- for large cookies, place 6 balls of dough on each cookie sheet.
- for medium cookies, 10 balls of dough.
5) Gently flatten each ball of dough. Completely cover the tops of the cookies with the M&M's and gently press into the dough.
6) Bake (1st and 3rd from bottom) 10-12 minutes for large cookies (8-10 minutes for medium cookies) until light golden brown and just set around the edges. (They will still seem a little soft in the center but they will firm up as they cool.)
7) Remove from oven and let the cool a few minutes on the cookie sheet before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
If using a conventional oven, adjust to 175°C (350°F) and 14-17 minutes for large cookies / 11-14 minutes for medium cookies, rotating the cookie sheets halfway through the baking time.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Cookie (19g)|
|Recipe Makes: 60 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 57 (63%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 6.3g||8 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.9g||20 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.3g|
|Cholesterol 23.3mg||7 %|
|Sodium 666.4mg||23 %|
|Potassium 10.1mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 9g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 9g|
|Protein 0.2g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 91
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.