1) Preheat oven to 170°C (150°C fan). Grease a 7cm deep, 22cm (base) cake pan and line base with baking paper.
2) Heat milk in saucepan until bubbling,
3) Place dates and baking powder in a heatproof bowl. Pour over boiling milk. Allow to stand, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until dates are tender.
4) Using an electric mixer, beat butter, flaxseed and vanilla until pale and creamy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Using a large metal spoon, stir in date mixture and flour. Mix until well combined.
4) Spoon mixture into cake pan. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand for 10 minutes before turning onto a wire rack.
5) Serve warm with thick custard or cream.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (149g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 108 (49%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 12g||16 %|
|Saturated Fat 6.9g||34 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.2g|
|Cholesterol 29.5mg||9 %|
|Sodium 143.2mg||5 %|
|Potassium 331.1mg||9 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 27.5g||8 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.2g||13 %|
|Sugars, other 24.3g|
|Protein 3.5g||5 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 221
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.