1. Preheat oven to 375 degree F.
2. In large bowl beat shortening with mixer mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
3. Add brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, salt and cloves.
4. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
5. Beat in egg and molasses until combined.
6. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer.
7. Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour.
8. If necessary, cover and chill for 30 to 60 minutes or until easy to handle.
9. Place course sugar in a bowl. Shape dough into 1 1/2 inch balls.
10. Roll balls in course suar to cost.
11. Place balls about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie skeet.
12. Bake about 10 minutes or until edges are set and tops are checked.
13. Transfer cookies to wire rack. Cool.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (32g)|
|Recipe Makes: 30 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 89 (56%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 9.9g||13 %|
|Saturated Fat 5.4g||27 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.7g|
|Cholesterol 18.9mg||6 %|
|Sodium 48.1mg||2 %|
|Potassium 66.3mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 16.6g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 16.3g|
|Protein 1.1g||2 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 158
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!