1. Just after the rice is cooked, add the dressing to it. This will give great flavor to the rice and add a background flavor to the salad.
2. Cut the fresh vegetables about the same size. One quarter inch square or piece is best for presentation and ease in eating.
3. Blanch the fresh vegetables for about 3 minutes, drain and add to rice.
4. Stir to combine.
5. If the salad appears dry or needs a wee bit more of a kick in flavor, add more dressing to enhance.
6. Use a decretive mold or a glass bowl for next part. Pack in the salad. Do not squash it in, but make sure it is firmly packed.
7. Best made 24 hours ahead for flavors and to ensure the setting of the form.
8. To serve, arrange lettuce or other greens on the platter. Invert mold or glass bowl of salad. Use your hands to shape molded salad. Decorate with cherry tomatoes or other vegetables that were used in salad.
I used fresh green beans, red pepper, carrots, and 1 cup three bean salad for more texture. I also used 2 chicken bouillon cubes for flavoring when I cooked my rice. I added about 1 to 1 1/2 cups shredded chicken as this is a dinner salad.
The dressing can be any oil based dressing as opposed to mayonnaise. I used a sesame seed dressing. I also rubbed the cherry tomatoes with the oil on my hands to give a luster to them for presentation.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Recipe (1243g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Serving|
|Calories from Fat: 628 (35%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 69.8g||93 %|
|Saturated Fat 11.2g||56 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 15.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 31.6g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 4044.8mg||139 %|
|Potassium 1020mg||27 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 261.9g||77 %|
|Dietary Fiber 15.5g||62 %|
|Sugars, other 246.4g|
|Protein 28.1g||40 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1772
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!