1. De-vein all dried chiles, cut into pieces and steep in hot water until soft.
2. Meanwhile, in saucepan add 1 cup of chicken broth, onion, raisins, cinnamon, salt, pepper, coriander, cumin, and chocolate tablet. Heat until raisins are soft and chocolate melted. Set aside to cool.
3. Toast sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds and garlic in fry pan w/ some lard.
4. Drain chiles and fry w/ remaining lard.
5. Drain onion/raisin mixture, reserving liquid.
6. Blend onion/raisin mixture and seed mixtures in blender adding reserved liquid as needed to form paste.
7. Blend chilies, adding chicken broth as needed to form paste.
8. In large sauce pan or dutch oven, strain both pastes through sieve, pushing through as much of the paste as possible.
9. Add any remaining broth and liquid reserve.
10. Bring to boil, stirring frequently.
11. Reduce heat, add crackers and crumbs.
12. Simmer for at least 1 hour, stirring often.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1782g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 2191 (61%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 243.4g||325 %|
|Saturated Fat 82.2g||411 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 96.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 45.6g|
|Cholesterol 1078.3mg||332 %|
|Sodium 1498.3mg||52 %|
|Potassium 4205.1mg||111 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 68.2g||20 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.1g||17 %|
|Sugars, other 64g|
|Protein 267.4g||382 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 3576
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!