1. Boil beets in enough water to cover, until tender. Reserve 3 cups of beet water for use later.
2. Submerge the beets in a large bowl of ice water to helps the skins come off with more ease.
3. Cut off the tops and the roots completely, then remove the skin.
4. Combine the vinegar, sugar, beet water, and spices in a nonreactive pot and bring mixture to a boil to dissolve sugar and spice.
5. Slice beets and return to the hot liquid. When thoroughly heated, pack into sterilized jars.
6. Fill jars to 1/4 inch with the hot liquid and cover tightly.
7. Check seals after jars have cooled.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (150g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 39 (48%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 4.4g||6 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.5g||13 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.2g|
|Cholesterol 11.2mg||3 %|
|Sodium 151.6mg||5 %|
|Potassium 253.3mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 7.2g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.9g||8 %|
|Sugars, other 5.3g|
|Protein 1.5g||2 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 82
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.