1. Take sourdough starter out of the fridge and put in a large bowl with two cups of white flour and mix it up with enough water to make it fluid. Let sit overnight.
2. Put 3 teaspoons of sugar in warm water in a small dish with 3 teaspoons of yeast and let it foam up (about 20 minutes).
3. Put all the ingredients in large bowl and mix thoroughly. Add water until dough is quite wet. Let rise for about one hour. Take three bread pans and grease up with butter (margarine). Dust the pans with flour.
4. Fill the bread pans with the dough split evenly (about half full) and let rise for another hour.
5. Turn oven on to 375 degrees F and put the bread in and bake for one hour.
Makes three loaves.
Note: if you like a crunchy crust you can leave it in for another 15 minutes.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (3096g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 1012 (10%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 112.4g||150 %|
|Saturated Fat 25.6g||128 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 29.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 40.1g|
|Cholesterol 2261.9mg||696 %|
|Sodium 5251.1mg||181 %|
|Potassium 19049.4mg||501 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 1730.8g||509 %|
|Dietary Fiber 124.5g||498 %|
|Sugars, other 1606.4g|
|Protein 549.7g||785 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 10133
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!