1. Preheat oven.
2. Wipe the monkfish with damp kitchen paper & cut it into rounds 2cm thick, then lay it in a dish.
3. Sprinkle with the lemon juice & leave for 10 minutes or longer.
4. Crush the peppercorns fairly coarsely in a pestle & mortar.
5. Mix the peppercorns, flour, lemon zest & 1 level teaspoon of salt.
6. Spread the mixture out onto a plate.
7. Make the vinaigrette by combining the oil, lemon zest & juice in a screwtop jar that you can shake. Add the chopped anchovies.
8. Dry the fish well with kitchen paper & coat with the lemon pepper mixture on the plate.
9. In a good solid frying pan heat the oil until it's very hot & fry the fish rounds in 2 batches, giving them 2-3 minutes on each side. Keep the first batch warm while you fry the second.
10. Remove fish from pan, cover & place in oven.
11. Add a shallot to the frying pan, adding a little more oil if necessary, & fry briefly for about 30 seconds.
12. Pour in the dressing & let it bubble & reduce down slightly, whisking briefly with a balloon whisk.
13. Serve the fish on warm serving plates with the sauce poured over & lemon slices as a garnish.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (95g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 223 (93%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 24.8g||33 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.4g||17 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 17.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.7g|
|Cholesterol 2.1mg||1 %|
|Sodium 6.7mg||0 %|
|Potassium 124.8mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 7.7g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.6g||11 %|
|Sugars, other 5g|
|Protein 1.6g||2 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 239
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!