1. Clean rice and dal separately - release all water
2. Add oil to pan. Once hot add mustard seeds, asafetida and turmeric.
3. add dry rice and moong dal to pan.
4. roast until the oil coats everything.
5. add ghee and roast a few times to absorb
6. add red chili powder to taste
7. Add 4.5 cups of water (if pressure cooked) or 6 cups of water (if normal boil). Let is boil.
8. Once cooked add salt and sugar to taste.
9. Add goda masala for smell
Optional - add freshly chopped cilantro/coriander
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (51g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 30 (41%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 3.3g||4 %|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.2g|
|Cholesterol 8.4mg||3 %|
|Sodium 24.8mg||1 %|
|Potassium 10.7mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 9.9g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 9.4g|
|Protein 1g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 74
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!