1. Bring the boar to room temperature and season it generously on all sides with salt and pepper.
2. Place a large roasting pan over two burners on the stovetop, and turn the burners to high heat. Add oil to pan and heat until it's smoking. Add the boar, bone side up, and sear it for about 1 1/2 minutes, or until brown. Turn the meat and sear the other surfaces until brown. Remove the boar.
3. Grind morels in an electric coffee grinder until the consistency of cracked pepper, not too fine. Spread Creole mustard evenly over the boar, being sure to spread in between each rib. Pat ground morels into mustard to form an even crust.
4. Place the boar back into the pan and roast in the oven at 325 for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the meat is medium with an internal temperature of 128 degrees F. to 130 degrees F.
5. While the boar is roasting, make the sauce. (See Fig Habanero Barbecue Sauce Recipe)
6. To serve, place a portion of the lasagna on each dinner plate. Drape two chops over lasagna and drizzle sauce over chops and around the plate.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (481g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4|
|Calories from Fat: 191 (36%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 21.2g||28 %|
|Saturated Fat 4.3g||22 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 11.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.3g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 1451.9mg||50 %|
|Potassium 171.9mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 6.6g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.1g||16 %|
|Sugars, other 2.5g|
|Protein 77.7g||111 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 538
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.