(1) Heat the pan (cast-iron is preferred). Place about 1-2 T of olive oil on the pan. Heat, then brown chicken on both sides.
(2) Preheat the oven to 350 F.
(3) Add onions, cook until clear. Add 3 T chopped garlic. Allow to caramelize. Stir and cook briefly stove top.
(4) Add saffron, cilantro, ginger, preserved lemons, and paprika to the chicken mixture. Sprinkle black pepper on top of chicken.
(5) Place in the oven with a cover or aluminum foil. Cook for an hour.
(6) Best served with couscous and arborio rice with peas and onions.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (109g)|
|Recipe Makes: 24|
|Calories from Fat: 79 (59%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 8.8g||12 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.1g||10 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.6g|
|Cholesterol 41.9mg||13 %|
|Sodium 188.4mg||6 %|
|Potassium 178.6mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 5.1g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g||6 %|
|Sugars, other 3.5g|
|Protein 9.8g||14 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 134
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.