From The Foods of Israel Today. This is delicious! Very easy to make and tasty! Perfect for when you run out of milk and eggs. I didn�t have the seeds though; so it made a very good and solid sandwich bread. I added more sugar (3-4 tbsp.) and also think it would be great with wheat flour since it was a bit gummy. I found that to make a decent sized loaf I had to divide the dough in half instead of three.
1. Dissolve the yeast and sugar in water in a large bowl.
2. Using a dough hook, stir the flour, salt, anise seeds, and sesame seeds into the yeast mixture and knead until smooth.
3. Place dough in a greased bowl and let rise, covered, for an hour and a half.
4. Turn the dough out and knead again. Grease two cookie sheets. Divide the dough into 3 rounds and let rise, covered, for another half hour on cookie sheets.
5. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. If you want to make this the old-fashioned way, take uneven stones and heat them in the oven on cookie sheets.
6. Bake the rounds in the oven for 30 minutes or until the rounds sound hollow when tapped. If using stones, brush them with oil first, then place the rounds on top.
2� hours | 2 hours prep
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Loave (138g)|
|Recipe Makes: 3 Loaves|
|Calories from Fat: 0 (NaN%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 4.1mg||0 %|
|Potassium 1.4mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 0g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 0g|
|Protein 0g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
BigOven Pro required
Eat healthier with nutrition info.
Calories, carbs, protein, sodium, fiber and more - easily calculate from any recipe.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!