1. In 6-quart Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat; add chicken and sprinkle with pepper and salt. Cook 8 - 10 minutes or until browned on both sides.
2. Meanwhile, from lemon, cut off peel and white pith. Holding lemon over 1-cup measuring cup to catch juice, cut on either side of membranes to release each section, allowing fruit and juice to drop into cup. Squeeze membrane to release any excess juice. You should have 1/4 cup lemon juice and sections.
3. Transfer chicken to plate. To drippings in Dutch oven, add carrots, onion, garlic, and cinnamon; cook 10 minutes or until onions are golden brown, stirring occasionally. Add coriander, cumin and turmeric, and cook 1 minute, stirring.
4. Add beans, broth, raisins, olives, lemon segments and juice, and chicken with its juices to Dutch oven; heat to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer 25 minutes or just until juices run clear when thickest part of thigh is pierced with tip of knife.
5. While chicken cooks, prepare couscous as labels direct.
6. To serve, fluff couscous with fork. Stir cilantro into chicken mixture. Spoon chicken thighs with sauce over couscous.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (446g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 174 (29%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 19.3g||26 %|
|Saturated Fat 4.8g||24 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 8.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4.2g|
|Cholesterol 79mg||24 %|
|Sodium 884.9mg||31 %|
|Potassium 848.8mg||22 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 77.1g||23 %|
|Dietary Fiber 11g||44 %|
|Sugars, other 66.1g|
|Protein 29g||41 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 591
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!